Monday, December 8, 2008

weekend painting

I started working with traditional paints recently. So Im going to be posting progress images for pieces that Im doing in acrylics and oils. Its been 8 years since Ive touched an actual brush, so itll be fun to watch my skills improve in this way. Theres just something so compelling about the organic brushwork that compels me to do so. This first image is for a new graphic novel that Im working on in between Nova Colony pages. Ive been glued to the sketchbook lately, and just waiting on some new script work from Jimm Showman.
Sunday at the beach was so cold that my hands were shaking too much to draw. So next sunday the guys and I are going to the Spectrum, which is a nearby mall with some cool little coffee shop spots to draw.

1 comment:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> ..damm you really are building that colour up there.

>v<